Thursday, November 6, 2014

Lockdown! (Jocelyn)

Well, today was an uneventful day except for the lockdown we had this morning that lasted for over an hour.
Here is a snippet of what I wrote while it happened. Anything in brackets is just my opinion of it now and I may have changed up a few details so it makes more sense:

"Nov 6, 2014 10:14 am
We are currently in hold and secure mode. It started over half an hour ago last period (which was first period). My classmates are restless and many of them have started talking. People are not taking this as seriously as it should be taken. Many of them are using their phones even though there was an announcement that told us that it was not a drill and not to use our cell phones. I tried working on a project but found that I am unable to continue (sorry for the formal writing: I was writing something for history and I was supposed to talk more formally than normal so my mind was on formal mode for writing). It is uncomfortable here sitting on the cold, hard floor. The people that were working on the roof stopped long ago but just now I heard footsteps...There is talk about someone being injured but I do not recognize their name. We wait...

* * *
10:29 am
My classmates continue to be loud and rowdy. The teacher only tells them to be quiet when they are almost shouting. S and R are playing some sort of game with a piece of paper but I don't feel like checking it out. I wonder if K is alright. C went to go check on her. K is fine. C just came back with that news (nobody left the room. All that happened was the teacher opened a door that leads to a cupboard thing with a light and K went to sit in peace because K wasn't feeling well. I wonder how everyone else is doing...I hope they're all okay."


The hold and secure ended at 10:42 after over an hour of waiting. Nobody has died and there is no further alarm. Jocelyn out :)


2 comments:

  1. Wait. Waitwaitwaiiit, did this really happen?? O.O
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well...yeah it did. I heard it was on the news but it was probably only in my area. its just a school thing so you wouldn't have heard about it
      ~J

      Delete